Tiles are the common choice for bathroom floors due to their resistance against moisture. It’s the very reason carpets are out of the question. However, what about hardwood? Is this a viable option? Learn whether a bathroom hardwood floor is a realistic renovation solution.
The Truth About Hardwood for Bathrooms
Hardwood is indeed a viable option for bathroom floors. The main concern is that wood, if untreated and not sealed, is susceptible to mold growth. Most hardwood floors come sealed, but the sealant does wear with age. To make bathroom hardwood floors last, be sure to do the following:
- Optimize ventilation by installing a high-powered bathroom fan or a window.
- Mop up water on the floor; never allow water to pool on the surface.
- Refrain from using chemical-based cleaners, which may contain acids that erode the sealant.
- Add a bath mat to absorb most of the water when you step out of the shower.
Why Aim for Bathroom Hardwood Flooring?
More homeowners are gravitating towards bathroom hardwood floors despite the extra maintenance. Why the trend? Consider the following advantages:
- Hardwood floors provide a sense of warmth, a contrast to tiles that can feel cold and uninviting.
- Hardwood provides an earthy feel to a room with limited options for décor.
- Hardwood is more comfortable on your feet. Tiles can especially be cold to the touch during winter.
- Wide flooring options like fir, birch, and more are available.
- If you renovated your living room with hardwood, leftover panels can be used for the bathroom for a seamless and integrated look.
Considering a Bathroom Hardwood Floor in Lewiston?
With the various cut-styles and wood grain patterns available, it’s no wonder a bathroom hardwood floor is such an appealing option. Contact our specialists at Smiley Wood Flooring to inquire about our diverse flooring styles compatible for all bathroom types.
Bathroom Hardwood Floor Options in Lewiston
Serving Spokane, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Lewiston, Kalispell, Missoula & All of North America